Lemon is an evergreen tree native to Asia. It was widely cultivated for food, medical and cleaning purposes since the time of Ancient Rome. Later Christopher Columbus introduced the plant in Hispaniola by bringing seeds with him, then the Spaniards in turn help spread out propagating lemons in the Americas. The nutritional benefits of lemons cannot be disputed, that is why there came a time that lemons became as valuable as gold!
It was believed that drinking lemon water is very beneficial for the body.
Here are 9 Powerful Benefits of Lemon Water:
1. Lemons contain pectin fiber that helps in proper digestion and proper disposal of toxins out of the gut.
2. A great source of vitamin C. Helping with boosting your immune system and cure common colds.
3. A powerful antibacterial agent, it helps prevent the growth of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and microbial diseases.
4. Works great with maintaining healthy pH levels in the body
5. Encourages the production of bile as well as strengthen the liver.
6. Loaded with other good stuff for the body like citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
7. It helps dissolve uric acid: relieving gout-related problems.
8. Good for maintaining healthy eyes.
9. Helps replenish body fluids after an strenuous activity.
And a lot, lot more benefits!
Bonus: This is how to prepare your lemon water concentrate:
1. Peel off zest from 1 lemon.
2. Juice enough lemons to make 1 ½ cups.
3. Put the zest and the juice into a clean mason jar.
4. In a pot, add 1 ½ cups of water and 1 ½ cups of sugar. Bring to boil until the sugar melts.
5. Add the sugar water into the mason jar.
6. Let the lemon juice and sugar water mixture steep and cool for a while, then put into the freezer.
7. To prepare your lemon water, mix ½ cup of concentrate into 1 cup of lukewarm water. Drink this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
Now you won’t need to send time squeezing your daily “perfect morning” juice upon waking up! This is just one of the three tips that will help you feel energized and healthy without overhauling your normal diet. Learn more from the story here.